Permanent, Full time position
Salary – negotiable depending on experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic Analyst with a formal grounding in statistics to support our Analytical Team with advanced data modelling and its associated deliverables. The successful candidate should enjoy applying complex statistical models to solve real-world business problems, demonstrating an ability to work with complex data sets and complete work accurately and to a high standard. They must be willing to engage with client projects, learn how to successfully apply our portfolio of statistical tools and templates and be able to communicate effectively with team members and clients.
Under the guidance of our Senior Analysts and Managing Director, the role will involve undertaking and reporting on statistical analysis and data modelling work for our Market Research clients.
• Supporting the work of senior analysts
• Working with, manipulating and prepping large datasets
• Applying statistical methods, forecasting techniques and generating outputs
• Populating and customising company simulator templates (Excel)
• Delivering accurate and timely summaries and reports to clients
Through on the job training, you will enhance your analytical skills and develop a sound knowledge of advanced quantitative research. The role will also include testing statistical software and supporting the development of new methods when needed.
• Work confidently within a small team and have excellent fluent written and spoken English for communication with external clients.
• Ability to work independently, to a high standard and have outstanding attention to detail.
• Strong data handling skills and a solid grounding in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, including at least some of correlations and regression analysis, factor analysis, segmentation, CHAID Analysis, choice modelling (Conjoint) and Correspondence Analysis
• Strong MS Excel skills, with experience of SPSS. Knowledge of R, Excel VBA and C++ skills an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
• MS Office Literate.
• Mathematical and Statistical qualifications either at a good degree level or Strong ‘A’ levels with some work experience in a statistical role
• 1 year’s work experience in a data or statistical role
Please send a CV in to firstname.lastname@example.org